Story-telling and local food
Uppigard Natadal in Seljord, Telemark, Norway
- Norwegian mountain farm presented in The New York Times, July 15, 2001
- French magazine «Grand Reportages» May 2002 showing how a contemporary fiddler learned to play from the waterfall troll «Fossegrimen»
-We have 22 guest rooms with 48 beds. Bed incl. breakfast NOK 510 - 695
-Banqueting hall and conference room in the old barn with logs from 1740
-Many cultural and farm activities
Programme for luncheon group visits:
1. Light talk about local legends, architecture and living conditions at this farm.
2. Guided tour among the log houses from the 18th century. The host tells fairy tales.
3. Serving a traditional meal.
4. Selling postcards and local products.
5. Guided walk through the cultural landscape to the small forest lake.
1. Big buffet luncheon based on the farms own products NOK 450 (p/p)
2. Smaller buffet luncheon NOK 350
3. Norwegian porridge and salted, dried and smoked meat NOK 320
4. Traditional sausage made of sheep meat and dessert NOK 290
10% less for tour operator
Dinners (Price pr person in groups of 10 or more)
Sauer cream porridge, dried meat with scrambled eggs, Waldorf salad, potato salad, green salad: NOK 305,-
*Dinner menu with 3 courses, total price includes all courses:
*Main courses (choose one):
Fried char with sauer cream and cucumber salad: NOK 460.-
Lamb casserole: NOK 410.-
The farms own pigs as roast pork: NOK 470,-
Smoked loin of pork, roast beef or roast lamb: NOK 495.-
Roast reindeer or moose: NOK 525.-
* Optional starters:
Smoked salmon, smoked char from Fyresdal lake, seafood cocktail, ham with asparagus, mushroom soup or cauliflower soup.
Home-made caramel pudding, ice cream with strawberries, ice cream with hot wild berries, cloudberries in whipped cream, fruit salad, brown Betty with whipped cream or cheese cake with strawberry sauce.
Natadalsvegen 174, N-3841 Flatdal
Seljord. Telemark. Norway
Telephone: +47 350 65 900. Mobile phone: +47 906 06 100
Web: www.natadal.no E-mail: email@example.com